Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Programs
- The English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Programs place Fulbrighters in classrooms abroad to provide assistance to the local English teachers. ETAs help teach English language while serving as cultural ambassadors for the U.S. The age and academic level of the students varies by country, ranging from kindergarten to university level. Applicants for ETA Programs can apply to only one country. Consult the table below for details on specific country requirements and numbers of awards.
- Click here for mor information: https://us.fulbrightonline.org/applicants/types-of-awards/english-teaching-assistant-awards
North American Language & Culture Assistants Program (sponsored Spain’s Ministerio de Educación)
American and Canadian college students and graduates, who are native-like speakers of English and French (in Canada), partner with elementary and secondary schools in Spain to bolster language programs, as teaching assistants (TAs) under the supervision and guidance of teachers of English or French as a World/Foreign Language. Placements are offered all across Spain, in practically every city and town in the country, running from October 1st to May 31st for most assignments. Short term contracts and/or alternative starting dates are unfortunately not available. NALCAP recipients receive a monthly stipend of 700 to 1000 euros depending on the assigned region and medical insurance from either the national government or the regional governments of Spain. Hours of assistant teaching range from 12 to 16 hours per week also depending on assignment awarded.
Click here for more information: http://www.educacionyfp.gob.es/eeuu/convocatorias-programas/convocatorias-eeuu/nalcap.html
CIEE Teach English Abroad
- Become certified in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) while living in Spain or Chile
- Click here for more information: https://www.ciee.org/go-abroad/work/teach-english-abroad/contact-us
Princeton in Latin America
- Princeton in Latin America (PiLA) partners with NGOs and multilateral organizations and places highly qualified recent college graduates in year-long service fellowships with nonprofit, public service, humanitarian, and government organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Click here for more information: https://pila-princeton.org/how-apply
TEFL Iberia (Barcelona)
- An English teacher training school based in Barcelona and run monthly TEFL courses for those who are looking to teach English and travel. The school is externally validated by Trinity College London and also rated as one of the top TEFL schools in Spain, and we normally have a very positive response from Connecticut graduates and undergraduates.
- Brochure (1.8Mb, pdf)